Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Tiny Red and White Gingham Apron

When I was little, little I had a red and white gingham apron that either my grandmother made or else my Great-great Auntie made for me.  I wore it EVERY time I "helped" my grandmother in the kitchen.  I had my own baking tools and pans too.  A little rolling pin, and a pastry size pie pan.  I had to stand on a black and chrome stool in order to reach the top of the counter, but my head was still lower than my Grandmother's shoulders.  She was a short woman, 5'3" but to me she was tall.  I remember being mesmerized by the swinging of her chicken wing arm while she whipped batter by hand.  I remember laughing and goofing around while we stirred and mixed ingredients.  Mostly I remember how much I loved her and she loved me.  These memories are precious to me!!! 
How about you?  Do you have moments in your life that are precious you to?  Tell me about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lynn! That was a sweet post...I'd have to think on your question awhile, but I know there are times when my babies cuddle with me and I just love that, or when they are sleeping peacefully in my arms or next to me. The way they show their excitement.

    I have a few precious memories of my grandmother before she passed and I was only five. I used to be able to see her smile, she always had cookies for us and I always felt genuine loved by her, but really what I remember now is the hospital bed and having to be quiet when we visited and then at the wake and seeing her in her coffin.

    Other precious memories would be playing pictionary with my family and volleyball with my extended families...

    Thanks for posting :)

    ReplyDelete